Terms And Conditions
AFFORDABLE RENTALS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT act only as a booking agent on behalf of the owner of the Properties and does not become a principal in any contract made. The Contract for a short-term shall be made between the Client and AFFORDABLE RENTALS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT. The contract will be entered into when AFFORDABLE RENTALS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT issues the confirmation form and will be subject to all the following booking conditions. If for any reason AFFORDABLE RENTALS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT is unable to confirm the booking as required it will refund the deposit in full immediately.
Bookings will be confirmed only on receipt of booking confirmation from AFFORDABLE RENTALS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT. a. For bookings we, required payment to secure and must be made within 24 hours of receiving the bank details.
b. Alterations to booking dates – once the booking is confirmed, and payment has been received, either in part or in full, amendments to the confirmed dates can still be change. If you require an alteration to the dates previously booked, Kindly notify us immediately for changes..
c. Any cancelation to confirmed booking before or on arrival will incur a $10.00 administration fee will be deducted and the rest amount will be refund immediately. And in case of unseen event you have deposited money and on arrival you do not want/like the place your total money will be refunded with immediate effect.
3. Refundable Damage Deposit
A certain amount will be taken on all booking as damage deposit this deposit will be refunded in full, normally on departure day Unless there is damage to the property, or the property is not left in the same condition as found. Deposits are normally repaid in cash. During the Term of this Agreement or after its termination, We may charge the Tenant or make deductions from the Security Deposit for any or all of the following:
1. Repair of walls due to plugs, large nails or any unreasonable number of holes in the walls including the repainting of such damaged walls;
2. Repainting required to repair the results of any other improper use or excessive damage by the Tenant;
3. Unplugging toilets, sinks and drains;
4. Replacing damaged or missing doors, windows, screens, mirrors or light fixtures;
5. Repairing cuts, burns, or water damage to linoleum, rugs, and other areas;
6. Any other repairs or cleaning due to any damage beyond normal wear and tear caused or permitted by the Tenant or by any person whom the Tenant is responsible for.
8. Repairs and replacement required where windows are left open which have caused plumbing to freeze, or rain or water damage to floors or walls; and any other purpose allowed under this Agreement or the Act under housing in New York City. For the purpose of this clause, we may charge the Tenant for professional cleaning and repairs if the Tenant has not made alternate arrangements with us.
9. The Tenant may not use the Damage Deposit as payment for the Rent.
a. Linen and towels are included in rent.
b. Highchairs, Cots and Beds: Rental of highchairs, cots and additional beds is subject to availability. Please Contact the Office to discuss your requirements, as not all properties can accommodate extra beds etc.
Payments must be made directly to the information shown on this rental agreement. Payments must be made by bank transfer/cash deposit. Any charges raised against AFFORDABLE RENTALS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT by their bank for dishonored bank transfers payments will be passed on to the booking party and payment for these charges must be made within 12 hours. Interest is not payable on any amount held on behalf of the tenant.
Any cancellation made by the Client for whatever reason shall be in writing and addressed to the MANAGEMENT. The effective date of cancellation will be the date that the written instructions are received by us. The following cancellation charges shall apply:
A $50.00 administration fee will be charged for any alterations to a confirmed booking. In any case, the security/damage deposit is fully refundable.
7. Alternative Accommodation MANAGEMENT reserves the right to refuse any booking without stating a reason or to cancel, modify or alter arrangements made by the Client. In the unlikely event that the holiday accommodation ceases to be available for the period of the booking, then AFFORDABLE RENTALS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT shall try to arrange alternative accommodation and if this is not acceptable to the Client, all monies paid shall be refunded to the Client in full, and the liability of the property owner and the MANAGEMENT shall then cease.
8. — where applicable is included in the prices shown at the standard rate at the time of booking. Management reserves the right to adjust this should legislation require.
Rentals commence, unless otherwise specified, at 3pm on the day of arrival and terminate at 10am on the day of departure. Arrivals are normally between 3pm and 6.30pm. Departures should be by 10am. If you wish to arrive or depart outside these hours this can, in most cases, be accommodated, but it is essential to contact the Office.
10. Party Details
The number of persons occupying the property must not exceed the maximum numbers stipulated on the contract. Only those listed on the contract may occupy the premises. The person who completes the contract certifies that:
• The signatory is authorized to agree to the booking conditions on behalf of all persons on the contract Including any changes
• The signatory must be over 18 years of age and there must be at least one adult occupying the property.
• The signatory has agreed to take responsibility for the occupying party, or if not personally occupying the property, the first listed adult member of the party is deemed responsible as lead member.
All complaints should be notified to our office immediately. We will not entertain a complaint once a property has been Vacated. AFFORDABLE RENTALS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT and the property owners reserve the right to investigate and resolve any problems during tenancy without refund or compensation.
12. Breakage or Damage
The Client is legally bound to reimburse the Owner for replacement or for repairs on demand.
13. Care of the Property
The Client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its contents. They should be left in the same state of repair or condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. A charge may be made if additional cleaning is required. We understand that accidents may happen – please notify us as soon as you can – this may reduce any charges incurred.
The owner has the right to have exclusions on the Property which must be respected when booking the property. Pets when allowed in properties must be kept under control and in no circumstances left alone in the property nor allowed onto furniture or beds. Hirers take full responsibility for pets and agree to pay a surcharge $15 per pet.
AFFORDABLE RENTALS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT shall not be under any liability to the Clients or third parties for any loss or damage arising from any breach of contract, negligence, and misrepresentation or otherwise. The Owner and AFFORDABLE RENTALS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable time for purposes of inspection.
AFFORDABLE RENTALS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT can not accept liability for happenings outside its reasonable control such as breakdown of domestic Appliances, plumbing, wiring, temporary infestation of pests, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions, or owner’s negligence resulting in loss, injury or accident.
The agency does not own or operate the accommodation and accordingly its use is subject to the terms and conditions of each of the Property Owners. All properties in our portfolio are used as holiday/sublet accommodation and therefore exempt from security of tenure under the Rent Act.
18. GOVERNING LAW.
It is agreed that this Lease shall be governed by, constructed, and enforced in accordance with the laws under NYCHA.
Upon confirmation of payment the keys to the apartment will be released at the point of entering the apartment in exchange for booking receipt. The Tenant will be charged an NO amount per day for any Rent that is received after the latter of the due date and the expiration of any grace period under the Act, if any.
20. Quiet Enjoyment
We covenants that on paying the Rent and performing the covenants contained in this Agreement, the Tenant will peacefully and quietly have, hold, and enjoy the Property for the agreed term.
The MANAGEMENT and the tenant will complete, sign and date an inspection report at the beginning and at the end of this tenancy.
The property will be cleaning on every last day of the week or as wish by the tenant.
23. Tenant improvement: The Tenant will obtain written permission from us before doing any of the following:
1. Applying adhesive materials, or inserting nails or hooks in walls or ceilings other than two small picture hooks per wall;
2. Painting, wallpapering, redecorating or in any way significantly altering the appearance of the Property;
3. Removing or adding walls, or performing any structural alterations;
4. Installing a waterbed(s);
5. Changing the amount of heat or power normally used on the Property as well as installing additional electrical wiring or heating units;
6. placing or exposing or allowing to be placed or exposed anywhere inside or outside the Property any placard, notice or sign for advertising or any other purpose; or
7. Affixing to or erecting upon or near the Property any radio or TV antenna or tower.
The Tenant must inform us if the Tenant is to be absent from the Property for any reason for a period of more than fourteen days. The Tenant agrees to take such measures to secure the Property prior to such absence as we may reasonably require and take appropriate measures to prevent frost or flood damage.
25. Assignment and Subletting
The Tenant will not assign this Agreement, or sublet or grant any concession or license to use the Property or any part of the Property. An assignment, subletting, concession, or license, whether by operation of law or otherwise, will be void and will, at our option, terminate this Agreement.
26. Care and use of property
1.The Tenant will promptly notify us of any damage, or of any situation that may significantly interfere with the normal use of the Property or to any furnishings supplied.
2. Vehicles which we reasonably considers unsightly, noisy, dangerous, improperly insured, inoperable or unlicensed are not permitted in the Tenant’s parking stall(s), and such vehicles may be towed away at the Tenant’s expense. Parking facilities are provided at the Tenant’s own risk. The Tenant is required to park in only the space allotted to them.
3. The Tenant will not make (or allow to be made) any noise or nuisance or disturbs the comfort or convenience of other tenants.
4. The Tenant will not park (or allow to be parked) any caravan, boat or vehicle by the Property, if such parking, in our reasonable opinion, would cause nuisance or annoyance to neighbors or to anyone nearby.
5. The Tenant will keep the Property in good repair and condition and in good decorative order.
6. The Tenant or any one living with the Tenant will not engage in any illegal trade or activity on or about the Property including, but not limited to, using the Property for drug storage, drug dealing, prostitution, illegal gambling or illegal drinking.
7. We comply with standards of health, sanitation, fire, housing and safety as required by law.
8. The hallways, passages and stairs of the building in which the Property is situated will be used for no purpose other than going to and from the Property and the Tenant will not in any way encumber those areas with boxes, furniture or other material or place or leave rubbish in those areas and other areas used in common with any other tenant.
9. Boots and rubbers which are soiled or wet should be removed at the entrance to the building in which the Property is located and taken into the Tenant’s Property.
10. At the expiration of the agreement term, the Tenant will quit and surrender the Property in as good a state and condition as they were at the commencement of this Agreement, reasonable use and wear and damages by the elements excepted.
Any waiver by us or any failure by the Tenant to perform or observe the provisions of this Agreement will not operate as a waiver ( AFFORDABLE RENTALS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT) rights under this Agreement in respect of any subsequent defaults, breaches or non-performance and will not defeat or affect in any way the rights in respect of any subsequent default or breach.